I worked with my friend and the awesome leader Griselda Vargas to help Community Health Council organize a Twitter chat focusing on health, food access, and impact of sugary beverages in communities of color. Inform, organize, connect, mobilize type of adventure.
It was called #SugarCoatedFuture, brought together 7 additional institutional partners, and had more than 120 Twitter accounts participating in the hour-long conversation. I also facilitated a training for the partners after the chat, which you can read about here.
The results were pretty exciting...
- 101 RTs (compared to average of 5 RT's/day)
- 16 link clicks (compared to average of 2 link clicks/day)
- 2.9% engagement rate in 1 hour (compared to 2% average daily engagement)
- 137 total participants
- #SugarCoatedFuture was included in 1,224 individual tweets
- 11,374 organic impressions
(source: analytics.twitter.com, tweetarchivist.com)
Enjoy the Storify recapping the best and most informative parts of the discussion!